Bleach-RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach-RPG

The official forum of Bleach-RPG.

Shot in the Dark by Light

Lightning
    Lightning

Honor : 35

Shot in the Dark by Light Empty Shot in the Dark by Light

Post  Lightning Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Note: All the characters used here belong to me. Original story.

Chapter one: The Beginning Of Her End

Elizabeth sat still on the couch, receiving intentional glares from her older sisters and her mother. The tension filled the room at that moment; so many words were being held back from their mouths. She knew that. The silence was slowly killing her as she mentally blamed herself for letting things go way too far. Her boyfriend Sam was next room, on his father's office. They were lovers, but no one knew... at least till now. A woman in town had seen them happily holding hands near the lake and yes, she told everyone about it. Thing is, Elizabeth's parents weren't suppose to knew that. But it was too late now and consequences would be heavy. Her parents were very severe people and she, the youngest one, was always the cause of every disgrace that may lay upon the family.
    When Sam walked out from her father's office, he gave her a sad look and walked away towards the front door. She got up and was about to follow him when a strong hand grabbed her arm, making her sit down again. His father stand still in front of her, an angry expression on his face.

- Hm girls, I think it's better if we leave them be for now. - Her mother spoke, motioning for her daughters to follow her. She would leave her youngest behind, to face her punishment for her sins. She didn't care; that girl would only bring shame and disgrace to the family anyways.
    Her father waited for them to leave; then he stared still at his ungrateful child, searching for any trace of regret and fear... But he failed to find it. That only made him even mad. He quickly slapped her, proceeding to cuss her as much as he could. And at that very moment, he told her with every single letter, that she was no longer a child of his own. And with this, he left.
    Elizabeth didn't moved for a few minutes, processing what her father had told her. She couldn't believe she was actually being blamed for everyone's mistakes, for everyone misfortunes. Yes, even for everyone in her small town she was nothing more than a curse. People would actually walk away from her on the streets because they were told that she would bring disgrace to everything around her. She was nothing but a burden, a disgrace... a curse.
    Her only solution would be starting over, away from that town. She had thought of it over and over and over... But courage would leave her every time she tried to run away. But this time... This time was different. She was decided to leave for good... Maybe with Sam. Yes, Sam would definitely go with her. He told her he loved her so many times and he promised to protect her from everything... Specially now, that she knew she was carrying his child. Elizabeth was afraid to tell him; but she had the feeling he would be very happy with this unexpected news. So she made up her mind: she would leave at night, meet Sam near the lake and ask him to depart with her.

~ _ ~

Night came upon the now sleeping town. Not a soul could be seen outside; everything was quiet. Maybe too quiet...
    Elizabeth glanced over the clock: exactly 10 minutes before midnight. She quickly grabbed her bag were she stuffed some clothes and things she may need on her trip; then she went to her father's office and took away his gun just in case. Opening up the main window of the living room, she jumped outside, moving quietly to the stables. She quickly mounted her horse, making him walk slowly till they reached the gate; then she made him go faster and faster, crossing the dense forest ahead and towards the lake.
    As she reached her destiny, a familiar face was waiting for her: Sam. She made the horse come to a stop and she dismounted it, rushing to her lover's arms. They stayed in silence for a couple minutes but he decided to speak as soon as he saw the bag on the horse's back.

- Lizzie... - He spoke quietly. - Are you planning to leave town?

- Yes... Indeed I am. I can't stand this anymore Sam, everyone points their fingers at me like I'm some sort of monster...

- I know... I'm really sorry. - He sighed. - But you know, if you're leaving, I'm going with you.

- I knew you would said that. You sure you're willing to leave all of this behind and ran away with me?

- Yes, I am. - He smiled, placing an hand gently on her cheek. - I promised I would always protect you and look after you, no matter what.

- I know. - She took a deep breath now. - Sam I actually have something to tell you. I'm-

But she was cut off by the sound of a bullet and Sam, who had pushed her away onto the ground. When she heard an horse rushing away at full speed, she took conscience over what just happened. Elizabeth quickly sat on the ground and glanced over. Her eyes widen as she saw her lover laying on the floor in a pool of blood. She started to shake violently as she moved closer to him. He looked at her and smiled faintly as he pointed to a small piece of paper hanging from his pocket. She took it gently and unfolded it: it was a letter.

Dear Lizzie,
    Today when I was at your father's office, he told me about all the misfortunes of your family. I was unable to believe him when he said it was all your fault and I made sure to tell him that with all the letters. He did not seem pleased by that but did not say it out loud, despite it being written all over his face. I knew he had a second intention when he asked me if the lake was the place were we used to have our encounters; but I told him the truth, regardless. I ask you for your forgiveness because if you are reading this letter something happened to me. I had to protect you, since it was all my fault. Please promise me you'll be safe, and promise you will forgive me for this.

Yours always and forever,
    Sam

Ps. I know you are pregnant. Please protect our child since I will most likely be unable to. Love you.

As the tears started to slide down her cheeks, she glanced over his lover. His eyes were closed and his face was peaceful. Her heart ached at the scene: she just lost the only thing she loved in this world.
    Lightning
    Lightning

Honor : 35

Shot in the Dark by Light Empty Re: Shot in the Dark by Light

Post  Lightning Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Chapter Two: Silent Goodbye

She allowed herself to cry over her lost, closing her eyes and praying that it all had been just a hell of a bad dream... But unfortunately when she opened them, the nightmare was way too real. She was too nervous to make a clear decision on what to do but she knew she had to act. She thought on the gun she was carrying with her... Yes, it was a possibility. Putting an end at her suffering and misery right there was all she could think. When she got up and started to walk towards the horse to grab the gun, something made her stop. She looked at the letter Sam left her once more; he wanted her to go away and protect their child... Elizabeth mentally kicked herself for even thinking about ending her life... No, not only her life. There was a child growing inside her. She would be taking both their lives away. Was she really that selfish? She would be going against Sam's last wish...
    She shook her head and whipped her tears away; then she took a few deep breaths and looked over Sam's body. She knelled down near him and held the letter he left closer to her heart.

- Sam, I'm sorry for my selfish thoughts... I promise you I'll protect our child with all my strength. He or She will be loved like none of us was by our parents... And I'll be sure to let our baby know about his or her father. I promise you that with all my heart and soul. - She kissed his forehead softly. - Thank you... For protecting me and loving me always. - She smiled gently and took off her necklace, placing it gently around his neck. - Watch over us Sam. Goodbye.

And with that she walked away from him and mounted her horse once more, leaving at full speed. She mentally said goodbye to her love once more and started to head north, to the mountains. There was a road straight ahead that would guide her safety to her destiny; only problem was, she had to cross several towns on the way and she didn't want to. So she took the path of the forest. It was way shorter indeed... In a few days she would reach the mountains. But it was also way more dangerous. It was said that several tribes protected the forest and would just simply kill everyone who dared to cross it. But she had to take the risk. She would need to cross the mountains as soon as possible before her old town find Sam's body and claim her blood for it.
    And so it began Elizabeth's journey...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm