Bleach-RPG

The official forum of Bleach-RPG.

Feedback from my experience.

Shinryu

Honor : 77

Feedback from my experience.

Post  Shinryu on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all, i would like to comment on the community. Nearly everyone is friendly and willing to help out. I haven't been around for too long but from what i get of my 4+ weeks of experience, the community really stands out when compared to other Browser RPG's. I think this 'open-door' policy should be continued.

Here is some of my feedback concering the actual game:
    - Stat clarification: I still can't figure out why i should be pumping points into sword skill when i can pump points into shikai and later on, bankai. Does sword skill factor in when i damage people with my Shikai? Or Bankai? I've been pumping my generals only to avoid messing up my character early on.

- Training to level 10: I think this should be conitnued since a student needs alot of training and 40 + hours is nothing.

- Server capacity: I know running a server is costly, but the server capacity is tiny.

- Naming your zanpakutou: My wife and daughter always tell me that i have a large immagination, but i would really like to name my zanpakutou when i hit level 10. So when i press equipment, that i can see the name of my zanpakutou on the right. That shouldn't be hard to code.

That's it so far.
    I'll be checking back when i have more experience with the game.

Thank you for your time.
    TheKillingMachine

Honor : 166

Re: Feedback from my experience.

Post  TheKillingMachine on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:30 pm

It works like this.

Sword skill increase the amount of damage you deal to your enemies, and decreases the amount of damage you take.It's basically strenght in intelligence in one. Don't bother training shikai, because at lv 20 you get bankai and you won't really be using your shikai anymore. Training Bankai increases the amount of damage you deal with your bankai equipped. But the damage boost you get from training bankai only works if you're using your bankai. The damage boost you get from training sword skill always takes effect, even if you aren't using your shikai or bankai.
    Shinryu

I think you need shikai..

Post  Shinryu on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 pm

I think you need 150 points in Shikai in order to obtain bankai..
    TheKillingMachine

Post  TheKillingMachine on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Which means after shikai is at 150, don't keep training it.
    Shinryu

Heh, alright.

Post  Shinryu on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks for that tip. So i'm better off training sword skill if shikai hits 150.

Or bankai? I'll have to calculate a healthy balance between them.
    TheKillingMachine

Post  TheKillingMachine on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:40 pm

I'll have to calculate a healthy balance between them.[/quote]

Yeah pretty much
    Snow
    Admin

Honor : 293

Post  Snow on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 pm

- Stat clarification: I still can't figure out why i should be pumping points into sword skill when i can pump points into shikai and later on, bankai. Does sword skill factor in when i damage people with my Shikai? Or Bankai? I've been pumping my generals only to avoid messing up my character early on.

Sword skill factors into how much dmg you do to the enemy. It's part of your offense and defense. Basically, the game checks to see if your sword skill is close to or equal or more than your enemy.

If your sword skill is WAY less than the enemy, then you do REDUCED damage by far. You'll get a message stating such that your skill was inferior or something. Sword vs Sword, Shikai vs Shikai, Ress vs Bankai. Bankai vs Sword, Bankai always wins for the most part if even stats, even if your sword is higher skill, do to bankai being stronger period. I don't know the exact numbers or such for sure, but yeah it's basically helps you offensively and defensively.

- Training to level 10: I think this should be conitnued since a student needs alot of training and 40 + hours is nothing.

True. But again that's something I can't really change with the admin panel. I'm going to ask Terriator to adjust exp requirements and see what we can come up with. No promises. I would like to see less level holding though, I want the game to be competitive and engaging. The more time you put into it, the more you get out of it.

- Server capacity: I know running a server is costly, but the server capacity is tiny.

I don't know the server details, Terriator does not tell me much, if anything. I do know we COULD use a better server to stop this MEMCACHE issue. With the small traffic we get compaired to his other project, The Ninja-RPG, I'm sure he could do something to help us out. The thing is, he never intended to fully support BRPG, it just kinda...grew. It was a side project to help dev up TNR. But I'm trying to get things from him.

- Naming your zanpakutou: My wife and daughter always tell me that i have a large immagination, but i would really like to name my zanpakutou when i hit level 10. So when i press equipment, that i can see the name of my zanpakutou on the right. That shouldn't be hard to code.

This is something else I requested from him, it wouldn't be that "hard" to code persay but again, we don't got access to the code and probably never will as he is not very trusting. It's in the "To Do" list he has though. Maybe we will see it someday, maybe we won't.....I don't know really.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:27 pm